Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Friendly Letter to the Author

3900 S. College Road
Wilmington, NC 28412
January 18, 2012

Dear Ally Carter,
         
         I have just finished reading Heist Society in my English and Literature class for school and am starting a project on the book. In the project I am exploring themes and symbolism in the book. Also, I really enjoyed reading the book and I could not put it down! I visited your website and enjoyed reading your biography and exploring your website. I have read other books that you have written in the Gallagher Girl series also.
         
        I have a few questions to ask you about being an author. How long does it take to get a book published and what is the process that you have to go through to get a book published? I know it must take a long time and take a lot of determination to persevere through the process. I am glad there are authors like you who want to write books for us!


        Another question I have is what makes you want to write book after book. Do you get involved in the story so much that you want to develop the characters and continue their fictional life? Is it easier to write many books in a series or start fresh for each book? For me it would probably be easier to write in a series because I would want to elaborate further on the characters. I know as a reader, when I read one book in a series, if the book is a cliffhanger and is suspenseful down to the very end, I will look forward to reading the next book immediately, but if I lose interest, I won't read the rest. How did you make sure that your readers wanted to continue reading the Gallagher Girls series? As soon as I read the first one I was hooked and couldn't put the rest down until I finished them!


        I was also wondering how you decide how the book will end. Do you decide how the whole story is going to happen before you write it, or do you write what comes to your mind? For example, when Kat and her team are stealing the five paintings from the Henley, did you have it planned all along that one of the paintings would be missing or did that idea come to you as you were writing? 
           
         I am an avid reader and will continue to read your books in the future!


                                                                         Sincerely,
                                                                           Caroline Marapese




No comments:

Post a Comment